Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have to be present to win?
No – winners will be notified and posted online.
2. How old must you be to buy a ticket or be the owner of a ticket?
The person buying the ticket must be 18 or older, and the person named on the ticket (the owner of the ticket) must be 18 or older.
3. What do tickets cost; and is there any incentive to buy multiple tickets?
Tickets are $100 each. The only incentive is the “Buy 10 Get One Free” which gives the buyer a free ticket with the purchase of 10 tickets. All 10 purchased tickets and the free ticket must be in a single buyer’s name.
4. Where can I buy a ticket?
5. Am I required to buy a ticket to the Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion music festival to attend the drawing?
No – the drawing will be just outside the festival footprint near the Birthplace of Country Music Museum.
6. Does a raffle ticket get me into the festival?
No – a festival wristband must be purchased for the festival.
On the day of the raffle (Sunday, September 13), raffle ticket holders may present their raffle ticket at the front desk in Museum starting at 11:00 AM on Sunday morning (the day of the raffle) and purchase Sunday only wristbands for the ticketholder and one guest at a 50% discount.
7. Where should I park if attending the raffle and not the festival?
During the festival parking is at a premium. You will not be able to cross through the festival footprint to get to the raffle site without a festival wristband, so you should find a place to park on the Virginia side as close to the museum as possible. Another option would be to park at Sugar Hollow on the Lee Highway near Exit 7 and take the festival shuttle which drops off and picks up near the museum. It costs $5 to ride the shuttle.
8. Can you win more than once with one number or one ticket?
Yes – the numbers are drawn randomly and each number is eligible for every prize. One winner, one number, or one ticket can win more than once.
9. What happens if a number that has not been sold is drawn?
There will be a redraw until a purchased number is drawn.
10. Can I choose my own numbers?
No. Each ticket will have 2 randomly-generated unique four digit numbers between 0000 and 9999. Purchasers will receive the next available ticket for sale from the supply of tickets at the point of sale.
11. What happens if BCM does not sell all the tickets?
BCM reserves the right to cancel the raffle and refund the ticket price to all ticketholders. If the raffle is held, all prizes will be awarded (prizes will not be reduced if all tickets are not sold and the raffle is held).
12. Can a company buy a ticket?
A company may purchase tickets, but each purchased ticket must have one person’s name on it – not a company name. The individual named on the ticket will be the winner and be responsible for any applicable taxes. If a company buys 10 tickets, to get the free ticket the answer to FAQ #3 applies.
13. Can a couple or family buy a ticket?
Each ticket can have only one individual’s name on it. The individual named on the ticket will be the winner and be responsible for any applicable taxes.
14. When is the last day to buy tickets?
15. Can I take a cash prize instead of noncash prize?
The rules state that winners may take the noncash prize or a cash prize equal to 50% of the manufacturers’ suggested retail price (MSRP) or 60% of the price at which the noncash prize was made available to BCM for this raffle, whichever is lesser.
16. If I win, can I transfer my prize to another person?
No – tickets and prizes are not transferrable by raffle rules and by law. The name on the winning ticket wins the prize.
17. Can I buy a ticket with other than cash?
Yes – credit cards are acceptable. Checks are acceptable but the ticket (or tickets) purchased by check are not entered until the check clears. Checks may not be used after September 1, 2020.
18. How will the numbers physically be drawn?
There will be 4 lotto ball blowing machines each containing balls numbered 0 to 9. One ball will be drawn from each machine in sequence to create the single winning 4 digit number for each prize. BCM reserves the right to use alternative devices in the case of power or machine failure.
19. If I buy a ticket online, what will I receive?
You will receive an email acknowledgement of your purchase immediately followed within 48 hours with a second email with your two numbers (per ticket purchased) and other pertinent information.
A copy of your actual ticket can be emailed to you upon request.
20. If I am not present for the drawings, how can I follow the raffle?
The winning numbers and winners will be posted on the BCM’s Facebook page and on the Bristol Sessions Super Raffle site as they are drawn.
21. Why is there tax withholding on some prizes?
One Winner Every 5 Minutes, for 4 hours!
$250,000 in raffle prizes, only $100 a ticket, AND only 5,000 tickets sold. Plus, all proceeds benefit the Birthplace of Country Music.
The raffle drawing will be held on September 13, 2020 from 12-4pm at the Birthplace of Country Music Museum.
$250,000 of raffle prizes, only $100 a ticket, AND only 5,000 tickets sold. Plus, all proceeds benefit the Birthplace of Country Music. It’s a win-win!
The raffle drawing will be held on September 22, 2019 from 12-4pm at the Birthplace of Country Music Museum.
You do not have to be present to win. You must be 18+ to purchase a ticket. Winners will be contacted directly and announced online.
Send us a message!